There are times that I can be a little...distractable. I used to describe myself as "having the attention span of a 4 year old". Let me just say that, now I am living with a 4 year old, I was WAY OFF. Holy crap, sometimes the speed with which Mini-G changes topics can induce whip-lash. I love her to death, and she is cute as all get-out. But seriously, I get confused just watching her go down the hall to her bedroom. Between the two of us, our attention spans can lead to some pretty awesome conversations during our morning commute. I mean, really, what are we even talking about anymore?
BTW, a big THANKS to everyone that stepped out of the bloggy shadows to say hi! I really appreciate learning more about you all-so if you haven't participated in my de-lurk meme please do so now.
Thus, it is with great pride that I dedicate this list of random thoughts to Mini-G:
1. WTF is up with the ridiculously ineffective toilet paper, MRU? I know times are tight, but I didn't even know that one could purchase half-ply tp. gah!
2. there is a giant spider family that has made a home under the ledge outside my window. It is sort of mesmerizing.
3. who are all the people riding their bikes down the trail in the middle of the day?
4. should I combine aims 2 and 3? or split aim 1 into 2?
5. cumulus clouds are my favorite (if there have to be clouds)
6. how did I get "I think we're alone now" stuck in my head? I haven't heard that song in years
7. who knew beets+goldfish crackers+kidney beans+blue cheese would be so awesome?
8. I'm a little freaked out by pine-nuts now. Thanks a lot, Scicurious!
9. how soon after a colleague announces they are leaving is is OK to start claiming equipment for the cultch pile?
10. If you go to a conference and 100% of the invited speakers are male and white, is it every OK (as a jr female) to bring this to the attention of the organizer?
11. how are my legs so wrecked after only 6 mi this morning?
12. how long will I stare at this grant before I can think of what I should write next?
13. fuck it, i'm gonna get some more coffee