>OW!! My arm!

Jul 05 2010 Published by under meme

>I have been seeing the "who the heck are you" meme on a lot of blogs. DM has a list of many of them. Anywho, since I have apparently been tagged (hee hee) and my arm is getting sore from all the twisting, I'll play along.

For the few folks out there reading this: Who are you, and why are you staring at me?

• Dr.Girlfriend says:

>*copied and pasted from another blog - but it applies to you too*I am a postdoc who started out convinced she wanted the whole tenure thingy. Since day one I went out of my way to associate with and probe assistant professors and tenured faculty. I sought out people like you online in the hope of getting more meaty info than I was getting in the flesh. What I discovered was the whole professor thing was not for me after all. My blog documents that journey. I have had a very positive postdoc experience, which means I cannot blame it on that. Why do I keep poking? Maybe I am still curious what makes you guys tick. Perhaps I am not entirely sure I have made the right decision. Maybe want perspective on how the postdoc fiasco can be fixed. What I enjoy about your blog is that it is like the uncensored version of what I hear offline. I think that is invaluable to wannabe professors. Thank you for sharing.

• Odyssey says:

>Assoc Prof. doing molecular biophysics in a biochemistry department at a big state U. I'm here 'cos I find what you write interesting. Interesting in that some things are the same in my experience and others are surprisingly different.

• februa says:

>PhD Candidate at a large Canadian U. Ive been reading a lot of academic blogs as I near the end of my PhD while deciding if I want to stay in academia or not. Ive checked in only a few times, but find this experience (the transition to becoming a new PI) particularly interesting. πŸ™‚

• Candid Engineer says:

>X engineer postdocing in a large biomedically-focused lab. I read you because you are where I want to be in another 2 years or so. Figure there's something to be learned here. πŸ™‚

• Anonymous says:

>Assoc Prof at top tier Med School -- just got promoted last year so the challenges of scrambling over the tenure fence are still fresh in my mind. I find your blog interesting and I am also curious to read about the similarities and differences between our experiences

• tideliar says:

>Ex-postdoc now in academic administration trying to be one of the good guys and not one of the evil timesink types. I am regretful and bitterly disappointed that my career didn't go the way of the TT but I am learning to get used to the new path.I like your blog because I get to experience vicariously that denied me by assholes and poor planning πŸ™‚ It's an exciting time for you and I enjoy sharing that experience.

• Isis the Scientist says:

>I'm Isis and, although I am late catching up on my bloggin, I think you're pretty nifty.